No hot water Worcester Heatslave 15/19

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first of all, sorry if this is in the wrong place!

I'm having issues with a Worcester Bosch Heatslave 15/19. We switched the central heating on for the first time since we moved in, and all seemed well. An hour or two later I went to run a bath, and there's no hot water! The boiler fires up when you run the hot tap, but doesn't seem to be heating anything.

I've tried flipping the switch back to hot water only, but no good. I'm assuming there's a reset button in there somewhere but I can't see it.

Sorry for rambling, I've got a feeling I'm nowhere near as qualified as most people on here. Explain it to me like you would a three year old ;)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsored Links
I would guess that the diverter valve - which has three ports, one in and two out has gone in the huff.
Essentially it's supposed to either divert hot water to either the Heatslave tank or to the heating circuit.
This device is just above the red circulating pump, boiler front off and it looks like a rectangular aluminium box ( which is indeed what it is!)
John :)

Ah, so this is something I probably shouldn't attempt to fix myself?

Sponsored Links
Welllll, inside that metal box is an electric motor which turns a gear which swings the valve in one direction or the other. It's supposed to default to domestic hot water ( Heatslave) and when you operate the room thermostat it whirrs to the heating circuit.
There is a lever on the side of the box that you could try moving, if you like.
In your case, the valve could be sticking, the motor could be goosed or likewise the gear that the motor turns.
The motor is about £15, the valve head around the £50 and the full valve £130.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back