no power on boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i all,
please can you help with my crap ideal boxer boiler (c24).
it had a water leak coming from the diverter valve which in turn found its way to the pcb board,the leak has been stopped,my tennant used an airdryer to dry the pcd board.
1st off the power light & green with showing as on but have completley gone with no power at all.
its the pcb board broken down or could the chip fryed while trying to dry it???

thanks

Sponsored Links
While you are calling it a rubbish boiler the leak from the diverter valve is almost certainly caused by a failure of the installer to properly clean the system by power flushing before the boiler was installed.

Its not possible for anyone to say if the PCB was damaged by the leak or by drying it too hot. Much more likely to have been by the water leak.

Can you take and post a photo of the PCB?

Tony

This sounds like a Landlord trying to blame the tenant. Note the spelling.

If you buy cheapo Ideal boilers expect problems. Water leaking from a diverter is likely to damage the circuit board.

Your tennant (sic) had the right idea and it is very nice of you to suggest the blame may lie with him/her.

Next time buy a decent product and get it installed by someone who doesn't tender the cheapest price. Quality boilers have the circuit board enclosed in a water resistant enclosure to prevent such consequential damage, eg: Vaillant.

Might last longer.

i all,
please can you help with my rubbish ideal boxer boiler (c24).
it had a water leak coming from the diverter valve which in turn found its way to the pcb board,the leak has been stopped,my tennant used an airdryer to dry the pcd board.
1st off the power light & green with showing as on but have completley gone with no power at all.
its the pcb board broken down or could the chip fryed while trying to dry it???

thanks

Typical Landlord :rolleyes:

I hate people like you - blame anyone but yourself.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back