no power to boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
evening all, I have a heat line s24 combi boiler, worked fine this morning, went to turn it on this evening and there was no power to it :?:
any suggestions please, I have checked the plug and the socket

Sponsored Links
So exactly how did you check the plug and socket?

Tony

The next test would be to see if power is reaching the boiler!

What value of new fuse? How do you know it worked?

Tony

Sponsored Links
after reading your comment I have just tried a fuse out of something I know works, still no power

Well I was asking you! It should be three amp but is it?

Next is to see if power arriving at boiler

I tried 3 different 3 amp fuses
I'm going to try to get a mate down tomorrow to try and find out where the power problem is, with one of them tools that do that. In case you haven't noticed, I'm not good with electrics.
If we find the problem, could you offer advice as to why it broke?
It has an intermittent leak and I found out tonight that it is coming from the connection on the 'three-port valve', it might not leak for months then drips constantly
Also, it cuts out saying the pressure is low but when I top it up for less than a second it jumps right up. When the boiler is off, the pressure is just above '1', but when it kicks in it is nearer 2 1/2?
thanks for your patience Tony

Your pcb fuse is blown.

Your diverter valve motor is burnt out from water entry.

Your diverter valve gland is leaking.

Your system water is dirty.

Your expansion vessel is deflated or faulty.

Those are the faults that you have.

Water dirty because system not cleaned when boiler installed.

I would charge £132 in local area but excluding any water treatment apart from a quick dynamic flush.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back