No power to Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Having rung and texted my usual engineer within the last 2 days and spoke to an engineer who did not know anything about my boiler- this is kind of a last resort.

I have a Vokera 24 without any power at all running to the boiler. No lights nothing. I have changed the fuse in the plug, tried a different plug and checked the fuse box and all looks ok.

I took the front off the boiler all wires look ok but it looks a bit leaky on the left near the diverter valve and pump, checked the manual
What could it be?

Sponsored Links
Is the boiler wired to the mains using a switched outlet like this?

From your description it sounds more like a 13A plug and socket has been used.

If it is a normal 13A socket you can first try plugging in another portable appliance to see if power is available there.

The leak is the main problem I should imagine. Get an engineer in to fix that and tell him to bring some fast blow fuses for the no power issue and then get him to tell you off for removing the cover of your boiler !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back