no top tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there

a roofer has installed tyvek supro breathable membrane on my semi detached house. he has then tiled it with clay ACME tiles. on the apex ridge at the front of the house he has not put any top tiles at the top and has just layed the ridge tiles on. i have looked on the inside and there lookes like a 1inch gap between the tiles at the top where i can see through the membrane where the sunlight shines. is this right and will any water come into the house

thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
So am i right in saying to ask him to fix it by putting top course on. is there any other way or shall u tell him tommorow

That's bizarre. As Alistair says, its a nice looking job, but WTF has gone on with that missing row?

Its straight forward enough to remove the dry ridge, he may have to drop the last couple of battens down to accommodate the last course.

I'm just finding it strange why he would leave such a tidy job then leave out the top course of tiles.

Has he left them out of the main roof?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back