no water coming out of hot taps

Sponsored Links
Just a thought , but check under the sinks there may be an inline valve that's not open, looks like a compression fitting with a slot for a screwdriver on the side.

Just a thought , but check under the sinks there may be an inline valve that's not open, looks like a compression fitting with a slot for a screwdriver on the side.

thanks for that but there's no isolating valves fitted, there is a little water to start with but then it just stops running

Sponsored Links
air lock or restriction. I'm assuming you mean hot? If you have a mixer tap or hot and cold fill w/mc you can back fill mains into the hot to try and shift it.

air lock or restriction. I'm assuming you mean hot? If you have a mixer tap or hot and cold fill w/mc you can back fill mains into the hot to try and shift it.
We have to do this on a fairly regular basis, the hot water somehow gets an airlock and won't flow.We have a mixer tap in the kitchen, and to back flush the airlock, use half a kinder egg shell, placed and held over mixer tap spout, turn hot water on first then the cold, flush for about 40 seconds, then turn cold off first followed by hot, this invariably clears airlock, and hot water will flow again.
Easier to do than explain, but it works

Wotan

Hosepipe from the cold main into the tap does the same job too, in case you don't have any kinder eggs handy :)

I had something similar last week, got called out to a customers house who was complaining of no hot water. Unlikely to be an air lock as no work had been undertaken on that system recently and no history of airlocks.. decided it must be a blockage, and hoped it would be between the CWSC and the DHWC so popped some mains water back up the hot taps and hey presto - a little mouse popped out into the tank in the loft!... must have crawled down the ball valve to get a drink and then fallen into the tank and got sucked down the feed pipe to the DHWC!

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back