no water from the bath taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Somehow there is no water coming from my bath taps. Kitchen tap works and so does the toilet and basin that next to bath.

I think that the water comes to bath first and then goes to the washing basin and toilet. I checked the pipe and seems can't see any valves near the bath tap.

Get quite confused on what could be the problem. Can someone help?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Just maybe.....the loo and basin are fed at cold mains pressure, and the bath is tank fed?
Is the hot supply to the bathroom basin working?
John :)

hi John,

Hot supply is not working and there is indeed a tank. How to tell if the bath is tank feed or not?

Many thanks

All of the hot taps will be tank fed with your system, but we can't say that for the cold!
You need to have a look at your large water tank in the loft, and see that it's full.

Sponsored Links
Hi John,
If there is something wrong with my tank, it is ok that there is no water from bath's hot tap. However, for cold tap, I think that it should come from the same pipe as the basin and toilet. Am I right to say that?

Without actually seeing your system and pipes it's difficult to tell.....in the good old days, the only cold tap to have mains water was the kitchen one often enough....all the rest could be fed from the tank in the loft, either hot or cold.
Have a look at the large tank in the loft and post back......maybe it's just the ball valve stuck up if there's no water in there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back