No water in cold taps.

S

stedon1

Hello all, having a problem with my upstairs cold taps. Downstairs hot and cold are working fine but the upstairs sink and bath taps have no cold water flowing. Hot water is fine and 10.5kw electric shower is working fine. I have oil central heating. For a while the cold taps were trickling but now there is nothing. Any ideas? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hello all, having a problem with my upstairs cold taps. Downstairs hot and cold are working fine but the upstairs sink and bath taps have no cold water flowing. Hot water is fine and 10.5kw electric shower is working fine. I have oil central heating. For a while the cold taps were trickling but now there is nothing. Any ideas? Many thanks.

Your upper floor is fed from a tank not mains, check the tank has not ran out and the ballcock hasn`t seized.

i would suggest an airlock on the cold supply to bathroom, cold in kitchen is working as that is connected to main supply, connect a hose to b ath taps and open both taps hot will push up and clear airlock, might take a couple of goes, possible blockage at tank connection but try airlock first

Sponsored Links
i would suggest an airlock on the cold supply to bathroom

how can you have an airlock on a mains supply,? Gravity, yes, but not mains. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But you said it was gravity, then Kirkgas suggested an airlock. Which is possible.

I'm not quite sure what you are arguing for this time? Have you had a bad day?

Hey mod 9 by the time you've finished cutting bits out and adding bits in, you might as well sit there and write all the posts yerself. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey mod 9 by the time you've finished cutting bits out and adding bits in, you might as well sit there and write all the posts yerself. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They have made KEVPLUMB Mod 9...... :eek: :eek: :eek:

He was too leathered out of his mind, to make Mod, 4, 5. 6.7 and 8....This is not good.... :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back