No water to cold taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have an issue with internal plumbing that means for whatever reason I have water pressure at the kitchen tap (suggesting no issue between the outside stop valve and inside) but no further water within the property. The house is supplied by three cold water storage tanks that are fed by an electric water pump. Initially the storage tanks were empty as the fuse in the pump had blown but since changing this they have refilled. I understand that the issue could be due to an airlock and have tried sucking this through numerous taps with an old hoover but have only managed to get hot water for a few minutes and no cold.

Does anyone have any idea what else I could try or whether this could be due to another problem entirely?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
You are airlocked, as you suggest.....what you have to do is connect a mains pressure hose to a failed cold tap, and back fill the system. The air will displace back to the tank.
You may need to do this to both the hot and cold taps.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back