1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

Noisy Baxi Boiler

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Gorny McConnell, 9 Dec 2004.

This topic originated from the How to page called Problems associated with noises from the central heating system.

1. Gorny McConnell

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Just moved into a new apartment and have been very disappointed and astonished with the noise of my Baxi Bahama boiler everytime it is switched on. There is a continuous banging noise, like a drum beat, which continues for the entire time I have the system switched on. I have read on other sites/message boards the the noise could be down to sludge or scale but the building is only 4 years old so how likely is this? Could it perhaps be trapped air?
    Please help as I have always had oil central heating before and am unfamiliar with the working of natural gas systems

edited see 5

2. weargas

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    play some cd's in the background to see which song's beat matches the drum beat. let us know which song it is and we'll have an idea of what the noise sounds like.

I hope it's not a polka!

3. Gorny McConnell

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Not sure about the drum beat, at 6.30 in the morning it does sound a bit like the best of Q 'N' R though!
    So you think bleeding the radiators or changing the thermocouple might fix it then, so is it maybe just a case of trapped air in the system?

4. kevplumb

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    thats a sig its on the bottom of every post :LOL: same as mine
    try a search loads on the barcelona not much difference :)