noisy boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there, i have a worcester heatslave 9.24 bf wall hung combination gas boiler with a wilo smart 25/6 pump. The problem is it sounds like i'm living next to heathrow every time the burners kick in. The pump was new autumn 2007, sentinel x100 inhibiter was put in 8/12/08 as per this site sentinel x200 is on order at TP's, but while i was ordering it a plumber who was in there said that this stuff is not need as boiler dont scale up and that we have the wrong pump on we should have a grundfos 15/60 is he right or does any have any other solutions i would be really grateful as its freezing here Ta Jan

Sponsored Links
Its difficult to come to any conclusion from what you have written.

There can be all sorts of noises and boiler faults.

Tony

Should not be using a smart pump on a combi they are not right for them.
the 9.24 might even have used a 15/50 .
Noise will be boiler not clearing heat away from boiler quick enough on start up,
They do scale up and with the wrong pump in it that could make it worse so still stick the x200 in

thanks guys, have gone for the grundfos 15/60 just to be on the safe side and put in the x200 sentenel and touch wood it's warming up in peace and quite very grateful and if i need your help again i wont hesitate to contact. ta jan

Sponsored Links
One wonders who decided to put a smart pump into the boiler.

The rule is to replace boiler parts with the original manufacturer's part.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back