Noisy Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There, Got a Sime 100 Format C, been OK for 7 years, now developed a problem, when CH is switched on and after say 5 mins a screeching noise is coming from the boiler, turn on the hot water tap it stops, turn off the hot water tap it restarts screeching but much louder, only way to stop the noise is switch off the boiler and wait 5 mins then go thru the procedure again. Have tried to identify exactly which part of the boiler is making the noise but I`m unable to pin it down. Has anyone experienced something similar or can someone advise of the likely problem.

Sponsored Links
Likely to be pump or fan.

DIY can do pump but if fan requires a reg gas engineer!

Tony

Have held a cardboard tube to my ear other end at various parts of boiler
the noise is loudest at the divertor valve / heat exchanger, have just turned the pump speed down from setting 3 to 2 the boiler is now quiet until the hw is switched on, finding that I can stop it screeching if I turn the cw on and off.

Sponsored Links
In that case its likely to be the flow restrictor rubber ring has stretched.

You can remove the ring!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back