noisy central heating pipes, very noisey last thing at night

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my friend as noisy central heating pipes,they are at their noiseyest last thing at night but it does happen in the day but it does not seem as loud.

Sponsored Links
my friend as noisy central heating pipes,they are at their noiseyest last thing at night but it does happen in th
e day but it does not seem as loud.
its a very loud banging noise, the boiler is a worstchester donot know the type, will be calling over on thursday. the primary feed and return pipes going into the cylinder do seem a little wobbly and un-suported.there is also nno insurlation on the pipe work around the cylinder.

banging is usually overheating; if it is open vent, you can bet on crud

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply bengasman but what is crud? do you mean **** in the system if so could i flush it out and them but some solution in to help it run?

Yep, that's what he means. Also worth getting some extra clips on any wobbling pipes - can't do it any harm.

search forum on all different ways of doing it; thousands of posts on the subject

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back