Noisy mixer taps after boiler upgrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Background: House built in 2005, plastic pipes etc...
- Boiler upgraded from Ideal Istor to Baxi 33 combi boiler.

After installing a Baxi 33 Combi all mixer taps in the house are making a terrible noise when opened, even if its just cold water or hot water. The noise gets better if the taps are fully opened on cold or hot only.

Before the upgrade there was never any problems.

I noticed on the Ideal there was a 2 bar pressure reducer at the inlet to the boiler. When the boiler was removed we reconnected the pipes via plastic fittings and this was the first time I noticed the noise. I put this down to the fact that the hot water was capped off and maybe air in the pipe. However once the new Baxi boiler was installed the noise is just as bad and there with hot and cold water.

Water pressure is good with the Baxi however not as good as with the Ideal Istor due to the boiler type.

Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Solution: Water pressure too high. By closing ballofix values to nearly shut the problem is resolved.
I will need to invest in some kind of pressure regulator at the taps or in-feed from the mains.

Hope this helps someone

Solution: Water pressure too high. By closing ballofix values to nearly shut the problem is resolved.
I will need to invest in some kind of pressure regulator at the taps or in-feed from the mains.

Hope this helps someone

Wrong answer.
Any valve almost closed will create more noise on a high pressure system.
All you need to do is fit a pressure reducing valve on the incoming main.
Cost about £40 plus fitting if you are not able.
Reduce the pressure to no more than 3 Bar.
Jeff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back