Noisy motor on Hotpoint WMUD843P

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
my brand new Ultima WMUD843P has bit of a noisy motor on spin have recorded a youtube video of motor with belt removed. Thought it was the drum that was making the noise but after removing the belt the drum spins by hand ultra silent but the motor when shaft is turned by hand dont seem quiet - could it be faulty? or faulty bearings in the motor, or do they all sound like this? Surprised because its a brushless Induction 3 phase motor.

http://youtu.be/wtUmwffZdfg

What are they like these super silent motors they are fitting to the new Hotpoint/Indesit/Ariston or whoever make Hotpoint machines these days? are the motors reliable?

Sponsored Links
Thats not right at all for an induction motor but then it is Hotpoint and in four days it may well of worn itself out . Id return it to the shop but choose a different make and not Indesit either as they are from the stable. ;)

Thats not right at all for an induction motor but then it is Hotpoint and in four days it may well of worn itself out . Id return it to the shop but choose a different make and not Indesit either as they are from the stable. ;)

Thanks but I dont really want to do that, I like this model, its looks and its features and the solid feel to the rest of the machine. All thats needed is an engineer to bring out new (quiet) motor, fit it in literally 15 minutes, such an easy job replacing the motor on machine take off back panel, take off belt, unplug wiring to motor, undo to bolts holding motor, remove motor, put the motor in and put it all back so easy a chimp could do it! :)

sure even if they sent out new (quiet) replacement Induction motor by courier to my house I can fit it in under 15 minutes saving meself a hotpoint engineers extortionate callout charge! :)

If its brand new call it in. Get them to fit a motor job done.

Sponsored Links
If its brand new call it in. Get them to fit a motor job done.

worried now that they will charge me for callout and say I have had back of machine and belt off and voided 5 year warranty - anyway if all these C.E.SET CIM 2/55-132/AD6 make the same noise then, again they will say there is nothing wrong with the machine and charge me callout charge! :cry:

You've said on another thread you dont like the way it spins so why keep it :rolleyes: you could make it spin clockwise with your foot back the shop . Take some good advice and get shut.

You've said on another thread you dont like the way it spins so why keep it :rolleyes: you could make it spin clockwise with your foot back the shop . Take some good advice and get shut.

the spin rotation/direction issue is not a big enough problem to return it to the shop, neither is the noisy motor in spin mode, what other options have i got for the money really, have looked at the LG direct drive washer and werent mad keen on it and the Hoover ones only come with quiet motor on special top range hoover models I dont want to spend more than 500 quid on washer and I dont want a Beko or Indesit, so havent got much choice.

The store/shop in question is Currys by the way and have you ever tried taking something back there even small items, its a nightmare. Can you imagine my excuses for returning the machine, noisy motor on spin (they will just say its super silent on wash only) and the spin doesnt go in the right direction they will look at me like I have 2 heads! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back