Noisy Toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please help troubleshoot a noisy toilet? It's a concealed cistern and the noise happens roughly every half hour or so. I'll try to upload a short video clip so you can see (hear) what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like there is a loss of water somewhere and it's having to top up the cistern every half hour or so.
I can't tell much from the pictures but the water loss will usually either be down the pan or out of the overflow pipework.
Either the float needs adjustment so the water is below the overflow level or the innards are old and leaky and may need replacing.

Thanks for your reply. I'll do a little more investigation and see what I can find.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like there is a loss of water somewhere and it's having to top up the cistern every half hour or so.
I can't tell much from the pictures but the water loss will usually either be down the pan or out of the overflow pipework.
Either the float needs adjustment so the water is below the overflow level or the innards are old and leaky and may need replacing.

+1

Judging by the mildew that can be seen on the inside rear of the system, it could well be that the flush valve is not seating in the outlet properly and is letting by. Can you see very slight trickle into the pan all the time?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back