Noisy Vertical Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a couple of very nice and very expensive Stelrad vertical radiators installed but they're off-puttingly noisy when the central heating fires up - it literally sounds like a trickling tap into a metal bucket from a great height. I've been told this will settle down and I might need to bleed the system a few times (which has been done) but it's still very noisy. Anyone else had this issue and does it indeed settle? It's reassurance I guess I'm after given the expense involved. All the rads in the house are regular type, basically new, virtually silent, the boiler is a 11 month old Vaillant Ecotec Combi and there are TRVs fitted throughtout.

Sponsored Links
is it still getting air in rad ?
as mine was the same for about a week.

Sponsored Links
There was air in the system tonight when I bled the system - guess I'll stick with it for a while, probably just flapping as the sleek looks don't outweigh the noise initially - thanks for your replies.

marshallman - did you sort your trickling problem? did it settle down?. we have had two expensive stelrad vertical radiators fitted that are making the same noise only been on once or twice at the minute since being fitted?

It often takes weeks, or even months to get all the air out of a system. Some systems need bleeding daily to start with, then weekly, then monthly, but releasing less trapped air or gases each time.

If the time interval between each bleeding doesn't increase, that could indicate a problem with your system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back