Non drip gloss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone explain to me what this means exactly. The stuff I used at the weekend was more watery than water itself. It was dripping off the brush, it was spraying off the brush and it was running like a tap, obviously not a southern tap. It wasn't some cheap home brand either but the one advertised using a great big dog. Had probs with this stuff a couple of years ago so I can't believe that I've bought into a duff batch.

Sponsored Links
Stir it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought about putting it through the blender to thicken it!!

Sponsored Links
You're right, stirring it breaks up the jelly and it takes time to reform. that's why I was wondering.

solo said:
Could anyone explain to me what this means exactly. The stuff I used at the weekend was more watery than water itself. It was dripping off the brush, it was spraying off the brush and it was running like a tap, obviously not a southern tap. It wasn't some cheap home brand either but the one advertised using a great big dog. Had probs with this stuff a couple of years ago so I can't believe that I've bought into a duff batch.

Do not use or store paint in extremes of temperature.

Yep, i agree with "growler" on this one. Also, keep paint tins that have paint in them away from frost also.

In answer to above. No i didn't stir it and it's a fairly new tin, stored in an indoor cupboard and opened for the first time at the weekend. I think it knows I hate decorating and it's out to get me.

solo said:
In answer to above. No i didn't stir it and it's a fairly new tin, stored in an indoor cupboard and opened for the first time at the weekend. I think it knows I hate decorating and it's out to get me.
Yes but, no but, yes but, no but, yes but, no but, lol. The paint could have been stored before you bought it in an hot enviroment. Also, even this hot weather can do this to your paint in a cupboard. Also, i have even bought apparent brand new paint from many places and the Oil Based Pure Brilliant White Gloss is yellow ! ! ! ! ! !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back