Non standard door linings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to replace a door lining and it would seem my current ones are non standard.

Removing the current one it just seemed to be 3 pieces of timber, all 30mm high x 64mm deep, with beading (door stops) of 19m x 12m.

Now in B&Q the shallowest ones are about 103mm deep which will leave me with 40mm of excess sticking back in to the room or out in to the landing.

I just don't get how these can be standard for stud wall partitions. What sort of depth are everyone elses?

Anyway, my question is, am I just going to have to make my own with wood to size?

Sponsored Links
If you do make your own, make them 7 mm bigger than the width of the door for internal ones or 8 mm bigger for external ones, this allows for a 3 1/2 mm gap all round for the former and a 4 mm al round for the latter, which requires the extra to clear it's generally thicker build...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back