Non standard size / fitting on a waste pipe for sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all - sorry have tried searching the forum and not come up with anything so though i would register and ask

Replacing the bathroom sink. When i took the old one out I kept nothing except the pipe sticking out of the wall....... probably my first mistake.

The pipe sticking out of the wall has what looks like the screw section of a compression waste on it - but the screw bit is retained on that section - it is slightly upturned.

I have tried 32mm pipe - it doesn't fit in - its about the same diameter.
I have tried the screw part of a compression but that is way too big. I tried a flexi waste/trap combi thing from b&q but that didnt fit in even with the end cut off (there goes 7 quid).

Any suggestions ??? i really don't want to have to knock the pipe out through the wall since its gonna make a big mess

Thank you

Sponsored Links
it's part of a waste trap connection. wheres the other half of the trap ?
but it's in a strange position.

looks like the other half of a mcalpine sp10 trap going by the angle.

Sponsored Links
thats all i have - sticking out of the wall at that upwards (ish) angle....... and a long way away from the bottom of the waste on the sink.....

this is a sp10 trap and looks like you have the end on the right in the wall and as you say the rests missing.
the part on the right swivels round so i take it yours is horizonal through the wall ?
tn_sp10.jpg

have to say that looks very promising.......

any idea where i can get one - unfortunately an SP10 is also a speeding fine :D

My local Wickes had that type of trap in 40mm, spotted it when I was in there earlier, not sure if it was available in 32mm though. Helpfully they dont show that type of trap on their website either....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back