Non Standard Size Shower Tray needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this is not strictly a "plumbing" question, but I figured those of you who instal showers may be able to help.

When my house was built those kind builders decided to build a shower alcove around the shower tray. The tray is 750 x 750 but the two opposing walls are 690 apart. They cut the two stud partitions around the tray then tiled around it. Consequently when I change the tray as part of updating the bathroom I'll either have to break up the tray or the wall around it. When I refit a new tray I do not want to repeat the problem so I want to make the walls good and fit a new tray in between. The other consequence of what was done is that the tile is adjacent to the curved side of the tray so sealing has proved difficult. I had considered moving one stud wall but since it backs on to the airing cupboard that would involve moving vast quantities of copper.

So to the question at last. Is there anywhere that makes bespoke shower trays or has a range with one dimension in the 680-690 region? The other dimension is less critical and could be 750. I have looked in the usual Bathroom centres / B&Qs etc...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
once at the site veiw the blackdown shower tray link

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back