Norton Internet Security gone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Ran live update on NIS last week and an error message popped up which was that Norton Anti spam couldnt update, i was advised to delete the NIS via symantec instructions,restart and reload .
Problem is the pc switched off and when it restarted reinstall icon had not done as it was supposed to and was missing from the desktop.
I have tried to go via symantec website with order number of purchase to re-install but it won't recognise it.
Any ideas how i can re-install NIS ?

Sponsored Links
have you got the disk?

what was the installation date and the updates expiry date?

Cheers for the quick reply.
No disc, It was bought on line as a subscription renewal on May 7th 07.
Symantec website says order number to log in is incorrect yet i have conformation email in front of me ??
Just wondering if theres another way to reload ? :evil:

did you put the installation files in "My Downloads" or somewhere useful?

If you phone Symantec you will (eventually) get through to their Irish Hell desk which will be able to help.

Sponsored Links
No idea where anything went to be honest as all i had to do was to click, click, click, next, click yes etc etc .
Have tried looking in other folders for anything with nis or symantec but although there is a folder everything has gone ?
Looks like a phone call may have to be made argh

all sorted now, Managed to get online chat, Forty minutes later all done, There was a conflict somewhere along the line where one item of NAV had not been removed altogether,
Cheers for the help.

Back