Now, about my Borshch fridge freezer .....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well on the way, hopefully to sorting my dodgy oven, and as I am so impressed with this forum :D here's one re my fridge/freezer .....

It is quite old, but works perfectly. It is a Borshch ... honest, it is not my typpin ..... :confused: Only problem is the salad drawer has cracked from front to back and beyond a dab or superglue sorting it anymore.

As this is the part I use most .... what are my chances of my getting something to suit ? It is not the common standard width, measuring 53cm / 21". Otherwise I would be down at the local recycling depot bribing one of the workers !

Sponsored Links
Sorry but its me again..... :p
Have a cruise around e-spares website, at their fridges and freezer section. I've had good results from them in the past, but you will need your model number. (Or even the fridge's model number) :rolleyes:
John :)

John I feel like I've known you for years ! Being an obscure make (I thought) and a funny size ... I can't believe I just googled Borshch and found them in Birmingham, they used to brand other manufacturers items with their name, but no more.

Super helpful though as I had never thought to search for a model number and there it is - behind the offending salad drawer ! It is a Candy so off to search e-spares etc. cheers x

Yippee :) Sorted. Struggled as most spares sites showing everything other than my crisper drawer, or saying obsolete.

One really cheesed me off as they showed two different ones available both for same model (which I wouldn't have imagined could be right), at different prices and one without a photo ...... After ringing and holding on for ages, I was eventually told more expensive one was obsolete and cheaper alternative (which I doubt has ever existed) was shown as ring to enquire ! I suggested they removed both from their site, I'm not holding my breath ...... :confused:

Anyway Candy were lovely and surprisingly for such an old model, had a few available, so it is on it's way ... I am going to treat my new drawer to an anti-mould mat which claims to keep veg fresh and moisture free. No more slimey mushrooms hopefully. I am so excited, it doesn't take much nowadays xx

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back