Now Mexican hats are racist.

Sponsored Links
DM again, but is anyone on the student union Mexican?

Probably not; just more stupid (oops, there I go again) English people looking on purpose for things by which to be offended. Cultural appropriation, indeed.

What is wrong with these people?

Would anyone be offended by Mexicans wearing bowler hats?

I think this sort of nonsense is most likely to be found in the polytechnics recently re-branded as 'universities'; on this occasion, the 'University' of East Anglia.
Quite recently there were reports of goings on in the 'University' of Westminster, if you recall.

I'd like to think that students at the 'real' universities have sufficient work on their hands to preclude such trendy capricious ideas.

Incidentally, that's an interesting new word they've come up with (as quoted in the article): 'ablist'! :LOL:
I wonder what the PC brigade will come up with next.

Sponsored Links
"The union said the sombreros were seen as racist and a form of 'cultural appropriation'." I'm all for banning this sort of thing if it means we can get rid of baseball caps, low hung trousers and unkempt beards.
Typo there JBR - "ableist" was the word. Kind of ironic really :D, especially for an inverted snob who's just attacked our beloved polytechnics and their reclassification as universities:mrgreen:

"members of the British Mexican Society." Aw, bless them. They're probably getting confused with BMX, the poor little non academically prowessed little blighters, eh JBR??:whistle:;)

Next targets Bowler hats, strings of onions and Chinese lanterns!

Typo there JBR - "ableist" was the word. Kind of ironic really :D, especially for an inverted snob who's just attacked our beloved polytechnics and their reclassification as universities:mrgreen:
Ah, so you went to a poly, too!
I admit that I did. Proper universities don't seem to do BA or BEd teaching degrees these days, or at least the ones local to where I was living. In my experience, yes, there is a high incidence of PC-ism (there's another new word) at polys.

Yes, in my haste to post, I didn't make proper note of the spelling of this neologism.

Sponsored Links
Back