NTS AR ID

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Flue liner in airing cupboard, off boiler through ceiling into loft onto grey Asbestos up to ridge adaptor, NTS, AR, ID ?
I wasn't there in a Gas Capacity so didn't see it or touch it...... what does the team think ?

Sponsored Links
as long its secure, not spilling or showing signs of distress then AR.

Unsafe Sits Guru he say: "If Grasshopper find incorrect use of flue material .e.g. exposed flue liner, it NCS"

I'd add subject to flue passing all of its tests. As long as its working safely you can leave it.

Alfredo

Unsafe Sits Guru he say: "If Grasshopper find incorrect use of flue material .e.g. exposed flue liner, it NCS"

yeh i was thinking about that, but exposed flue liner is one thing, running it from the boiler through one story(fire break? collar? single wall flue) and up to another type of flue is another! I reckon you will find multiple NCS and possibly and AR anyway. so AR for me

Sponsored Links
I think if you were able to find a cocktail of even minor deficiencies I'd go straight for AR, but we weren't told of any deficiency in the way it passed throiugh the ceiling. Now if there were marking on the ceiling due to excessive heat...different story altogether, but on the use of incorrect materials alone..and if its operating safely, i'd stick with NCS.

Alfredo

If I go to service it I will have to fill in paperwork, that'll put the price up :evil:, customer wasn't very forthcoming when I asked who had fitted the item I hadn't seen.....

Got to be AR as it sounds like there will be multiply NCS,best to be safe also

CYA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back