NVQ level 2 plumber applying for gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What courses etc would an NVQ level 2 plumber need to became a gas safe engineer?

Sponsored Links
Do you need to build a portfolio of gas work you have done before doing acs exams?

You should do NVQ3, which will include everything you need for your gas

Sponsored Links
Except experience, knowledge, practical understanding, business acumen, drive, free thought, the skills required to be let lose on the general public.....

Not sure if I have everything there, but... ;).

Except experience, knowledge, practical understanding, business acumen, drive, free thought, the skills required to be let lose on the general public.....

Now now, nobody likes a smartarse :p

You'll need a solid foundation in gas work before a gas safe engineer will let you work on gas appliances (offsite work), then you go on and do a portfolio of onsite work with written and photographic evidence with a Gas Safe engineer who signs off all your work. Once you have the required onsite evidence (you need to do a certain number of specific jobs) you will be accepted onto an ACS exam course.

Nvq 2 then work with a gas safe eng and build a portfolio of 25 jobs which must include 5 open flue, photo evidence is NOT required but gas safe may audit any of your portfolio jobs

photo evidence is NOT required

Hmmm... I've been asked to provide as much photographic evidence in mine. In the portfolio folder, it actually states - To enhance your portfolio, photographic evidence should be included. Need to get in touch with BPEC then and find out what the score is and what the sketch would be if I didn't include photo's. It also only asks for 3 open flue, all with spillage and flow test BTW.

Guess it's different dependent on which ACS it is

Maybe but my apprentice is doin his nxt week and ive just checked his portfolio which is now complete an photos of jobs not required

So with no formal training, you entered the industry Self employed having gained all that, how exactly????

Our apprentice doing his NVQ requires some photo graphs.

So all of those things you listed aren't really that important, it's more like a list of scary things to warn off new entrants :evil:

In your opinion how inadequate is it not to have an NVQ:sneaky::love:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back