Oak staircase balustrade with glass panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife and I would really like to install an oak balustrade with glass panels. I am confident in installing the staircase banister/balustrade as it's something I have done at a previous house however despire lots of research, I can't see the most economical way of purchasing the parts needed. There are many companies selling the full setup as a kit but this works out quite expensive. I suppose we will have to pay this if there are no other options but I'm still not clear if we can purchase standard oak banisters and the stainless brackets will fit into this. Also my father in law use to print on toughened glass to make pictures. We used a few local glass suppliers to cut the glass and send to Birmingham for toughening - could we do this for the panels or must it be speciality safety glass.

I'm not looking to cut corners, I just want the chepeast way to do this unless a custom full banister and balustrade supplier is the only option.

Your opinions and suggestions we be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
just a thought,do you need to use brackets?
could you not use a glazing bar/bead method?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back