Ocean Alpha 240P strange????

Yep he fitted a new ball valve, and also had to replace the fitting (from cold water pipe into base of cistern)

Shall I try reducing the service valve?

Sponsored Links
Hiya, I have had a look at the service valve on the toilet, and I assume to have "full" pressure the screw head will sit at 12 o'clock? vertical, I have looked at the current position, and the screw head is at 2 o'clock, if I proceed to turn it anymore, I will simply stop water entering the loo?

Yep fully agree with your point, does £140 for replacing the diagrapm sound about right?

We would be charging £106 in our local area which includes a basic service.

Often the pin gland leaks and needs replacing which is £9 extra.

However, it sounds to me as if thats not the fault anyway.

There is a system flow pin and switch which might be dropping out as well as other combustion related faults and even temperature control faults although they are rare on your model.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Flush the toilet and as its refilling turn the valve until the flow rate is reduced but still filling.

That can be more noisy though.

Tony

Hi Agile, appreciate your comment, the most difficult thing is to try and find a plumber around Peterborough you can trust!!! dont suppose there are any on here??

It is not a exact fix but can get you out of trouble. Fiddle with it until you get a happy medium of thud or whistle. You could try turning the stopcock to the house down instead but will need to make sure that the flow rate around the house is still adequate.
Cheers

Agile / Beerlover, well many thanks!!! I have (with your help) stopped the "hammer" at the end of a flush in the downstairs loo, it fills up as normal, (no whistle) takes two minutes from flushing to fill up and stop, and no thud!! THANK YOU BOTH!!! Now do you know any good plumbers in Peterborough??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back