offset match

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got an offset match to hang 64/32.

I can't remember doing one before, i've done plenty of drop patterns but can't ever remember doing one thats offset.

I know that the left hand edge of piece of paper number 2 will be hung 32cm lower against the right hand edge of piece number one, but does this repeat? so that i cut half my drops matching piece number 1 and the other half of the drops to match piece number 2, or is every drop going to need cutting 32cm lower than the previous if working from left to right?, which is what i'm thinking.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
They can get quite confusing if your not careful dec !! Best to check each length on the board prior to cutting I think. Good luck with it matey !! :)

Tell me about it ! I think i've worked it out in my head but putting theory into practice might be difficult, hope you have a better day than me! Cheers Robbie

I think we've all done it in the past, cut up a roll before realising its a different match. Cant understand why the paper manufacturers make it so complicated !!

Sponsored Links
Well, got 5 rolls hung today, after double triple checking everything. Turns out you just hang it 1-2-1-2, i.e. 1 3 5 are the same as are 2 4 6.
You live and learn! I will try and upload a picture, i'm not sure how to put it in the post so will stick it in a folder, its the longest toilet i've ever seen with a ceiling like a ski slope, note the pattern above the door!

I was going to reply earlier today and suggest that alternate sheets should be cut the same, but was worried I'd be advising you to do something that turned out to be wrong, so I chickened out! :oops:

That paper looks good in there...I put the same paper (G&B Contour, IIRC?) up in a lean-to kitchenette a few years back and the ceiling, walls, skirting and doorframes were all out of plumb. It looked bloody awful to me but the old dear I did it for was delighted - I suppose it was 1,000,000% better than the 70's brown, wheatsheaf-patterned, tile-effect stuff I'd removed. :LOL:

Howdy Mr H, haha thats ok i'll let you off! Actually was very nice to hang once i'd figured out how. Paper looks nice except the pattern at the top of the wall running out big time. One wall meets the ceiling 25mm higher than the one opposite (you can see it over the door in pic). I did warn the customer but he was matter of fact about it and is pleased. Yes its the G&B contour, hope your doing ok, good to hear from you.

Doing pretty well thanks, hope you are too.

I don't get the chance to come on here like I used to but have been popping my head in recently while I've had the time.
Will keep contributing as and when I can...thanks for bumping my other post...doubt it will ever become a sticky but, if it stays on the first page, it may cut down on the same topic popping up all the time!

All the best,
mrH :)

Yeehah!! :LOL:

Just has a looksy Dec, looks great very nice job !! Those tile types can be a bas@@@d to get right sometimes. When it tightens up it will look just like real tiles :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back