oil boiler cycling alot

sorry for my late reply i was away for the weekend there. i have no room stat fitted. my pump connections are 28mm. i have turned my pump down to mid setting and my rads all seem to be heating, i timed the cycle once earlier it fired for 1 minute exactly to bring up to temp, then remained off for just over 8 minutes. what does that sound like to you guys? maybe my pump was too powerfull (unaware of its size) think its a wilo top it has black insulation around pump body. i know 1 minute on is very short, so maybe if i go down to the 1.00 nozzle and lose that 5.5kw i might be ok. 8 minutes odd being off seems quite good to me for a house with lots of heat loss. if i needed to go a nozzle size down can i just put the0.85 one in? my boiler manual shows the nozzle for the riello rdb 2 which is the next burner down. cheers guys

Sponsored Links
You just can't fit a smaller Burner !!!! they are carefully matched by Riello in Italy and Stephen Grant in Co Offlay to operate to the most efficient levels simply plonking on another burner would be a disaster and invalidate the boiler warranty! :rolleyes:

cheers oil man i know, im going to put the lower nozzle in as stated by grant to lower it by 5.5kw and see hw that goes for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back