oil boiler worcester heatslave 20/25 won't fire up

Sponsored Links
Has the red burner lock out lamp come on?
You can increase the pressure on your combi by connecting and opening the filling loop, if you know where it is.
John :)

Sponsored Links
No it won't work,its 3 years old, I have switched weverything off but still not good,the lock out light is not on. all I did was run the grandchildrens paddling pool while the washing machine was on and the dishwasher,then I notice the pressure had gone down and there was not hot water.

Just spent 300 on it recently having it serviced and am at a loss what to do next.Yes I am blonde LOL.

I have tried building the water pressure up again but it won't fire up.any advise I would be grateful. Thank you

The water pressure only refers to the central heating circuit, so check that any thermostats are turned up, and the boiler overheat stat - inside the boiler casing - doesn't need to be pressed in to reset.

:( Thank you John, all rads are individual so have put all rads up, Have found reset button still no Luck.

I'm not absolutely certain about this, but combi boilers have things called diverter valves inside - that channel the generated hot water either to your taps or the heating system. They are electrically operated. In some cases if this valve doesn't behave itself, the switches inside the diverter valve may not turn the boiler on. I always thought that the Heatslave didn't apply this though - maybe others will know.
However, there is a lever on the side of the valve, (which has 3 copper pipes going to it) and there is an aluminium box on the top. You could try moving this lever manually and see if the burner wants to start. Be a little patient with it!
Also, when you turn the hot tap on, can you hear a click inside the boiler, which is the flow switch operating?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back