Oil Filled Electric Radiator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of any manufacturer that make stylish oil filled wall mounted electric radiators. Most of them are the one with 4 wheels on that you would have in the garage!

Due to difficulties extensing the flow and return on the existing heating system, I am having to look at an oil filled electric heater, preferably with timer control and minimum 1.5kW?

:) :)

Sponsored Links
why must it be an oil filled one?

look at wall-mounted panel heaters.

why must it be an oil filled one?

look at wall-mounted panel heaters.

I was led to believe the oil filled heaters retained the heat longer which would use less electricity... ?? I may be wrong though.

Are there some wall mounted panel radiators that look ok, is that what you are meaning?

:)

Does anyone know of any manufacturer that make stylish oil filled wall mounted electric radiators. Most of them are the one with 4 wheels on that you would have in the garage!

Due to difficulties extending the flow and return on the existing heating system, I am having to look at an oil filled electric heater, preferably with timer control and minimum 1.5kW?

Delonghi Stretto 1.5kw, 3 year guarantee, but no timer.
£54.99 in Argos,
Delonghi Stretto 2.0kw, black color, no timer.

You [/i]could use a timer plug.

Sponsored Links

Due to difficulties extending the flow and return on the existing heating system, I am having to look at an oil filled electric heater, preferably with timer control and minimum 1.5kW?

£54.99 in Argos,
£64.99 in Argos.

You [/i]could use a timer plug

David937";p="1038548 said:
David937";p="1038547 said:

£54.99 in Argos,
£64.99 in Argos.

Cheers. I've had a look at this on the Argos website.. it looks like what you see in the corner of the garage on wheels!!

I was wondering if there were any that looked like a normal radiator to match the others in the house? They seem difficult to find though.

I was led to believe the oil filled heaters retained the heat longer which would use less electricity...
X amount of electricity gives Y amount of heat.

thermal mass in the heater will mean it is slower to get hot, and slower to get cold, but does not affect the total amount of heat.

Panel heaters are quite slim and neat.

They should all have thermostats so they turn off when room is up to temp. Some have timers but I have found them more unreliable than the heaters themselves (which are very simple with little to go wrong) so I would agree about using plug-in mechanical timers.

Most panel heaters are switchable from 1-2-3kW approx.

Dimplex make some very nice (and expensive) ones

Some are available with a switchable fan to get the room warm faster from cold.

I use one in the bedroom in winter when the CH is off overnight.

Although i havent seen the ones you're looking for, I have some of the ones mentioned there from Argos and they are wall hangable and look better than the pics on Argos' website

just remember an electric fire will cost twice as much to run over a gas fired system even more if you have central heating on anyway

if you electric fire is on for say 5 hrs a day on an average 1kwh thats 50p a day or over the winter months [120 days] = £60 for a few hrs a day on 1 room

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back