oil fuel tank removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody am very new to this site but have seen some very good suggestions so far so would like help or advice for the following problem

Have just started cutting back a large area very overgrown unused side garden and have discovered an old 800l green plastic oil fuel tank. I would like to clean it out, remove it and use it as a very large water but is this possible? If yes then how do I go about it? There is a small amount of oil/sludge in the bottom but very little and it is easy to drain as pipe still in place and is raised of the ground by about a foot. Any suggestions or comments would be very gratefully accepted I know I can get a professional company to do it but would like to keep the cost as low as possible
thank you

Sponsored Links
Maybe the wrong section of the forum to post this particular question, but if I were you I would call the local council authorities before doing anything. There may be environmental/safety issues you need to address. If you didn't get the tank installed then I imagine the previous owners would be responsible for any "clean-up " costs involved.

there is a company based in Wales that will be able to assist you... you can call them on 01446 775012 ask for either Dan or Mark, they often go through Bristol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back