Oil Stains On Asphalt Driveway?

The point of using a solvent is to use one that is sufficiently volatile so as to remove your stain, and then flash-off before it does any significant damage to the rest of your material. Hence white spirit or petrol will achieve exactly that. Diesel and oil are insufficiently volatile that they don't evaporate, hence the stain. Soap is a detergent intended to make oil based materials compatible with water, then wash it away. A combination of the two will work fine - I don't think a detergent alone will draw out the stain from the rough surface.

Nozzle

Thanks mate. So what's the procedure then? Drop of thinners followed immediately by soap?

Sponsored Links
I would - White spirit, not turps give it a quick scrub with a brush to get the solvent it, then go with hot soapy water with washing up liquid.

Nozzle

I would - White spirit, not turps give it a quick scrub with a brush to get the solvent it, then go with hot soapy water with washing up liquid.

Nozzle

I'm gonna give this a try this week on the next good day and I'll let you know how I get on. Cheers mate.

Sponsored Links
Back