Oil tank - distance from 'fire rated' metal motorbike garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am looking to install a metal motorbike garage and the best location for me would be near my oil tank. However I can't seem to confirm what separation distance is required between my oil tank and a fire rated motorbike garage.

The garage in question is below, which states:

Fire Rating:
To conform to National Building Regulations and restrictions on mobile and holiday home parks the panels used on all Trimetals buildings have been approved to:

'Class O' Fire rating in accordance with tests carried out to BS476: Part 6 (Fire Propagation)
'Class1' Rating part 7 (Surface Spread of Flames). A certificate of fire conformity is supplied with each product.

http://www.gardensite.co.uk/Trimetals_Titan_Pent_940_9ft_x_4ft_Motorcycle_Garage.htm

Many thanks
Robin

Sponsored Links
Haven't got the manuals to hand but think its 760mm.
I've seen a lot worse close to oil tanks, I wouldn't worry too much about being exact with it, as long as you can get round the tank.

Thanks for your reply. I know if you have a fire barrier then the distance can be reduced to 100mm - but I wasn't sure whether the same applied to a fire rated building. I have emailed oftec to confirm - I know it's unlikely but I don't fancy laying the base and bolting down the bike garage in this are only to be asked to remove it at some point!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back