Oiling my decking, need advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right chaps, long story short.

My deck is built, when I did so I used a system where I used a full length piece then a cut and so on, but when I put my handrail in I mistakingly cut the wrong piece and therefore have had to put a new piece in which stands out like a sore thumb.
The original deck was put up approximately 5 months ago, and the new piece and handrail just in the last 2 weeks.

I have jet washed the deck down and its very clean but that single piece is very eye catching.

I have purchased some ronseal decking oil, so do I ? A, just do the lot and eventually the new piece will weather, B, do everything except the new piece and do that bit when it weathers or C, leave it for a few months till after the summer and do it all then.

I really wanted to get it done as my garden is really starting to take shape but I dont want to cut any corners, Thanks for any advice chaps, much appreciated.

Kind regards Paul...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back