Old architrave where to find it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Hope someone can help me, I'm trying to find some architrave to replace a rotten piece around a door after a leak from the shower, trouble is the house is 1938 vintage and I am struggling to find the same architrave or even find a name for it, it's 2 & 7/8ths of an inch wide or 73mm so don't think it's standard

Attachments

• IMG_2389.JPG
    IMG_2389.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Good idea don't suppose it would be too expensive as I don't need a lot around a metre

You would be surprised, sometimes they have to grind new cutters to obtain the shape plus they will have a minimum order.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Anyone have any idea what type it's called, that might help
There often aren't set names for the different mouldings other than some really common ones like thumnail round, Victorian torus and modern torus, s a name isn't really much help. TBH that moulding looks more like a dado rail profile than an architrave moulding

Thanks for that, I'll have a look for dado rail, every frame in the house has the same profile around it

You may also find it listed under 'panel moulding' Maybe you can make a close copy using some half-round and some scotia?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back