Old Creda 790550 storage heater not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Cread 790550 storage heater which has never worked, I have checked the fuse in the wall socket & on the fuseboard & both are fine.

After unscrewing the wall socket it seems to be in very bad condition & could possibly be the problem, as a quick check can I wire the flex from the storage heater straight into a 13 Amp plug, just for purposes of testing?

TIA, Jase

Sponsored Links
A wall socket has a maximum of 3kW or 13A in most cases this is also the supply used for storage heaters and so you could test it in 13A socket but some of the older ones were 15A and would overload the circuit and also they do take some time to react I used one to test the iron ore concrete blocks and I was surprised on both how long and how much water the blocks contained and there is an issue with electric and water and the plug and socket do not have as good of an earth connection as directly wired in so some care must be exercised.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back