old garden wall repair - oops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I've bitten off more than I can chew, having read about mortars with lime etc. on this site. (thanks for info guys)
my brick wall has been painted on top of various finishes and most of it seems to be disintegrating.
I scraped and pressure hosed off the loose stuff, and am surprised to see just sand between the bricks when the pointing (about 1/2" deep) is loose/removed.
I can clear out the sand, but what do I need (preferably from B&Q) to replace it with?
I need to fill the gaps between bricks, and fill holes where bricks have been frost damaged, can I use the same mix for both jobs?
Eventually I will skim the repaired bits it so the wall can be repainted.
The wall gets more than its fair share of weather by the way, as we're on the coast.
I'd like it to look like the ones at the distilleries in the Hebrides!
Your guidance appreciated...

Sponsored Links
Really need a picture of the distilleries in the Hebridies before we can advise.
Oh, and a good sample of their product. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back