Old Glow worm back Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i was wondering if anyone had answer for this.

Ive just had a guy that serviced our back boiler, we had a problem with the gas leeching forward. A good service sorted this problem.
We then had a problem with the pilot light of which he replaced with a new one, We also had a problem with the flame stopping up so he replaced the thermocouple. We now have a new problem.
We light up the boiler turn the temperature upto max everything works fine until the temperature gets to where it needs to be then after between 30 min - 1.30hrs we go back to check on the boiler and notice the pilot light has gone out. Any Ideas.

Sponsored Links
What does your gas guy say? This particular subject has been dealt with SO many times, do a little search

The guy who serviced your fire and back boiler obviously hasn't a clue.
Leeching forward is not a term I have heard of in relation to a gas boiler?
Does that mean sooting up?.Whatever is causing your fault,you need to get someone COMPETENT to sort it as these are simple appliances in operation but need expert attention.What model BBU is it? I ask only because some gas related parts may be obsolete.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back