old mk sentry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an old 36 way board 3 phase , 4 mcb's need replacing, only temporary till the board is replaced.
They are 6 amp which I have not seen before (usually 5 Amp)

Read somewhere else that hagar MT range fit.

Anyone tried them and know if the MT range is still current as I do not think it still is.

Sponsored Links
I know this style hager does fit old style sentry boards very well, and although it is not good practice, I'd be happy to do so as the old sentry MCBs are not available.

You may need to remove a piece of plastic from eitehr side of the bottom teminal screw (It is designed to be removed)

The one in the picture is shown without the plasitc bit.

I do not know if the new style hager will fit.

If you get really stuck, I think I have 4no. SP hager breakers in that style in my garage.

HGNC106.JPG

Thanks RF
Think the MT is old, and now MTN as I needed one last week, the MT and MTN both fit the hager boards ok but not seen an NC , so
will see if thats available.
That NC also looks like the MT

Thanks for the offer but they will only allow new bits, except in a dire emergency,the board is due to be changed hopefully.

Got that ABB from the place you said by the way,
edit part number was MTN

I'm not sure about model numbers.
AFAIK, there have only been three styles of hager MCBs.
The old BS3871 type, the type I pictured, and the new type with the wider grey lever.

What type is the one in your pic? It looks the same as the one my pic (from TLCs website)

My MCBs are unused surplus from a job if you get stuck ;)

I was just thinking about those ABB breakers the other day, but couldn't for the life of me remember who was asking about them. :LOL:

Glad you got it sorted anyway. :D

Sponsored Links
The one in the pic is a MT 110, next to a 5 amp, old mk sentry, hagar says they have not made the MT for some time.

I recently brought a MTN which has a little plastic clear cover on it, which appears to be the current one.

I will phone hagar about the NC that you are showing.

The shop is part of a multi million pound chain, so they can afford a new board if need be, the girl on the "Apprentice"reckons she alone made them 7 million last year!

Blimey rf, what with that and your data box, you must work in some big old places
I lost count is that 72 way

Till now I thought this was a lot

Lets just say I don't do domestic :LOL:

That DB is in a well known local convenience store (where Crafty works)

Not one of my installs, just working on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back