Old toilet replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Our cloakroom WC is a little old and doesn't look too healthy. :confused:

Is this a straightforward job for a DIY?

My concern is the salt glazed soil pipe - getting the old one out and a suitable fitting for a replacement.

Help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I'd smash the loo, get jiggy with a gert big angle grinder and cut the bell off the pipe. No probs.
But your problem could be the distance of the pipe from the wall. You may find you can't get a modern loo back to the wall, so you need some sort of spacer. :cry:

Sponsored Links
If you have a solid floor try one of these http://www.bathrooms365.com/acatalog/Ideal_Standard_Alto_Close_Coupled_WC_Bottom_Outlet_.html

If you have a wood/suspended floor you might be able to alter the drain under it and use a standard HO pan.

Alas it is a solid floor - tho didn't know modern loos existed with an exit like this. Useful option. :idea:

Think I need to do some measurement of the pipe from the wall & see what typical toilet dimensions are.

Thanks for the help guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back