Old Vaillant Boiler Engineer??? anyone out there in Devon??

As its been left a year then the flow switch would be my prime suspect then follower by red/green buttons.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Ok, so the next guy didn't even get the tools out to look :eek:

But i've taken the cover off the PCB and the little fuse above the switches has blown so at £25 for a exchange part i could change that and see what happens???

so i've got a new PCB ordered as the little risitor looks burnt so gona replace it, looking in to the problem i've tried pushing the overheat reset button on the right hand side of the box, only it won't stay in? would this be why the resistor has burnt, or won't it reset if the resistor is broken or could it be another problem why it won't reset, should i replace the overheat switch??

any help please. very cold and i can't afford a new boiler.

still looking for an engineer if anyone knows one with experience in the boilers.

thanks
Clair

I got the boiler working!!! :cool: so thank you to everyone for help. i called a 5th engineer who removed the differential vavle and manually fired up the boiler told me that the diaphragm was possibly be the cause but after he left i had another look and the pin was caked in grease, so gave i a clean and a bit of wd40 and low and behold the pin started moving freely in and out of the vavle turning on the burn when it was calling for hot water and heating.

So Agile please help me as you seem to have knowledge on these lovely old boilers,
I now have a problem although i can live with it for a minute the hot water only works with the heating on and seem to have a drop in pressure too when i run the hot water??? both linked agile?? what do i need to look for?
no one seems to know about these boilers down in devon.

Sponsored Links
ladyranger";p="1824446 said:
Ask your engineer to check the flow switch, situated on the left of the inner casing, there is a cover on top of it that when removed will reveal a cluster of micro switches. when the hot water is turned on or off a spindle should move up or down to operate these micro switches, this spindle is adjustable. However, if the spindle does not move you will require a new wax capsule, fitted at the bottom of this flow switch. But as the boiler has been idle for so long I would consider getting a new flow switch.

Regards
spraggo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back