old'ish scanner:visioneer 8700 one touch USB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have the above scanner but cannot connect to my new PC as am on vista now and i can't find the software for it.

anyone know where i can get it or what i'm doing wrong? :confused:

Sponsored Links
hi, Dave i cant seem to find the software for vista i think it just does up to XP or am i wrong? :oops:

Sponsored Links
hi dave i am currently trying to download the vista /xp drivers with above link , but i noticed it said somewhere in there that the scanner 8700 might not work with service pack 2 in XP as there are security features installed in this. :confused:

this is the one i am installing at the moment, is there a way round this ie. disabling the security features or should i not bother to download the XP (service 2)/vista driver???

It should matter as the conflict was with SP2 in XP but you don't have it, you have Vista so just proceed with it.
It will either work with the 'work around' in the link or it will fail but it will not do any damage to Vista.

If it fails, nothing lost because they have already stated that the scanner does not have any drivers in Vista so should not work with it anyway.

dave

i think it's installed but the scanner keeps giving out complicated instructions (configure buttons etc.)

and scanned 1 item now it just says image transfer pending :rolleyes:

well i'v got this far now to try and understand the bloody thing :D

it's supposed to be easy to use, :mad:

thanks dave so far at least its on and my PC has accepted the software.

yes dave i have the instructions thanks, but am still finding it hard as the wording isnt very user friendly :D

and every time i press scan it says configure and a conf. box appears but when i try to do it and press ok then do a scan again it says the same thing :confused: :mad:

when i originally got this the main thing that caught my eye was it said very easy to use :eek: what a load of b@ll@@ks.

What printer do you have?

If that is not so new either have you thought of getting a PSC printer, scanner, copier all-in-one.

Instead of the problems that this is throwing up by Vista not liking it, have a look in Asda, Tesco and see what they have on offer.

I have just got a new HP Photosmart C4580 from Argos, partly because I had some Argos vouchers but also because my last PSC was a HP and it worked great with no trouble except that the HP Director would not show when IE7 was first installed, but that was Microsofts cockup and soon got a fix for it.

It obviously depends upon how much printing you do and the cost or cartridges but I use (even on the newone) remanufactured cartridges from Cartridge Monkey and they print perfectly even pictures. I do a bit of printing for pub quizzes so most is black ink but I do a coloured picture quiz sometimes and find that ink is cheap enough.

dave

i'm not printing anything . all i'm doing at the mo. is i want to scan photo's and other documents straight on to PC.

mainly old photo's and document's etc.

i just had a word with a friend who is a bit savvy on PC's and he is gonna have a look at this for me.

i'll see what he says and let you know.

Sponsored Links
Back