one for woodyoulike!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The saga with good old yell.com!

Having told the pushy sales rep we werent renewing our advertising with them, he still put it through, it turns out, unsigned by us of course.
I got an e-mail from yell telling me the advert was all up and running for the year, blah blah, payment to be collected by direct debit.

Now i had a funny feeling something may happen, so i had already cancelled the old direct debit. I then sent an e-mail back thanking them for the advertising, but pointing out that as i hadnt signed anything, i wouldnt be paying anything, but if they wanted to still display my advert then they could happily do so free of charge.

The reply came back with, asking me to give my account number etc etc so they could sort it out. I politley pointed out that they could would have all my details and i didnt have the time to do their legwork for them.

I got an e-mail today, politley informing they have found all the paperwork, and indeed i have never signed up to it, however they have simply written the cost off and the advert will stay for the year!

Ha ha ha not a bad discount, hope the really really pushy salesman get a good % comission on that one! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
:LOL:

they just keep comin dont they.

glad you got an ad for free cos they keep ringin n ringin.

i had to tell one for f*ck sake im skimmin a ceiling leave the alone for at least an hour!

Good on you Thermo. Better keep an eye on them next year - "but you already have an ad with us" - so the saga will continue ;)

Administrative they are indeed not the brightest. At one point instead of increasing our direct debit because of another little error they made, they credited our outstanding amount with the remainder!

For the coming years we stick to local village directories and the Internet (our own sites)

Sponsored Links
Back