One hundred thousand million dollars

Sponsored Links
"Gonna tell you a story bout a man named Jed,
A poor mountaineer but he kept his family fed.
And then one day he was shooting for some food,
When up from the ground came a bubbling crude.
Oil that is, black gold".

Showing my age...
The Beverley Hillbilly's. :LOL::LOL:

Showing my age...
Was all rhyming well till last line. Knew i'd heard the name somewhere. Thought it was a forum members moniker or summat. :confused:

Sponsored Links
This thread (the Saudi bit) should make everyone realise that things may not be quite as they seem.

Get rid of Saddam, Gaddafi, threaten Iran, threats to Assad - but Saudi, Qatar - made out to be best of buddies.

Yes but we're not supposed to talk about it. Because they buy our war sh*t.
Another ironic (or maybe not) thing is the twin towers were attacked by a largely Saudi group led by Bin Ladin, and the Saudis have just built a huge tower taller than they were and it was the Bin Ladin construction company wot did it.

I don't know about you but I struggle to comprehend how much a million dollars is ...

You can't really mean that? It's only a thousand thousand, so in monetary terms isn't that much. Yes of course it's more than most of us will every have, but you can't struggle to comprehend how much it is, can you?

You can't really mean that? It's only a thousand thousand, so in monetary terms isn't that much. Yes of course it's more than most of us will every have, but you can't struggle to comprehend how much it is, can you?
I comprehend that it's half of two million dollars, and twice as much as half a million dollars, while being less than a million and one dollars.
As for comprehending how much a million actually is, you say it's only a thousand times a thousand. True, but count up to one thousand, and reflect upon the fact that you would have to do the same another 999 times to reach a million. That's a lot to actually comprehend for anyone.

Showing my age...

Happy days when we didn't need to worry about Islam.

BTW, that Donna was a looker.

Would have a been shame if she had been forced into wearing a burka!

The RWRs of the time, in those oil producing parts of the US, had not yet turned their attention to hating Muslims. They were too busy hating and oppressing their enemy of the time. RWRs will always find someone to hate and to fear.

Happy days when we didn't need to worry about Islam.

The man is obsessed.

He's wrong actually. They were the days when we should have worried about islam. We could have taken steps to prevent the present dire situation from arising if we had. But it's easier to be wise after the event.

Good point, but you would have to have been a very wise man then to forecast what is happening now.

This is what we pay our governments to do, but they have failed us miserably!

All the people with that vision in this country were ignored at the time.

How long is it now since we had a modicum of free speech restored? During the Blair years, anyone that so much as mentioned immigration was immediately shouted down and branded a racist.

Even with the way things are now, some are trying to continue with that tendency.

BTW, I was right about Donna though!

@johndumb
Nice trick.
Put an equivocal label on people who disagree with you, then use that label to link them to all kinds of villainous and despicable people from the past.

What a vile man.

Sponsored Links
Back