online radios

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any idea about those apps that can be used, among other things,to record internet stations or something like that?Need one to try record a couple of stations I like and listen to them on my mp3player, but dunno from where to start.

Sponsored Links
Firefox, with the Download Helper plugin. You have to rename each track as you download it (if the name is important to you) and you have to play the track all the way through - it seems to save it in a rush towards the end of the track. Unfortunately, it doesn't automatically download a whole stream of tracks. But it is very reliable.

Thanks, this is great.Gonna look at these, although I had no idea that the plugin for firefox is also for the job. Also did a little digging round the web, found one called Radiotracker and few others that seems worth taking a look at, but I'm waiting for the weekend to have time to try them all out.

Sponsored Links
Well, tried a couple of these apps, some seem interesting.Just now I'm looking at one of those, Radiotracker. Like it that it also does podcasts as far as I read until now.Though been wondering if anyone is familiar with this one.

You can download Audacity (free to download & use), this will record ANYTHING that is playing on your pc. You can save it, edit it add an extra layer, or convert it to WAV or MP3 do whatyou like with it.
I used it to d/load about 3 hours of radio (in little chunks of 20mins) then put it on my mp3 to listen to whilst on a flight. (It was nice not know what the next track was)

Really?Didn't know about that one.But when you say it will record anything,this means that it will also record all the system sounds and messenger sounds and so on?

If they are on, yes it will record them. You can turn the mic off, first time I used it I didnt..lol

Does anyone have any idea about those apps that can be used, among other things,to record internet stations or something like that?Need one to try record a couple of stations I like and listen to them on my mp3player, but dunno from where to start.

Try Winamp & Streamripper

Sponsored Links
Back