Opal Triton Shower Low Pressure Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope you can help me here pulling what bit of hair i have out.

Opal Triton shower 5 years old and the shower runs for 2 minutes at all temperatures and then low pressure switch comes on and stops the shower working.

Changed the head and supply pipe to the head and all was well for 3 days then it has happened again.

Have checked mains supply all okay and taps in bathroom all okay,any help would be most apprciated.

Great site and will hopefully be able to help someone on here when i get the chance.

Regards Blue2

Sponsored Links
Most Tritons of this type have a filter between the solenoid and the heater can. Have you looked to see if this is clogged?

Isolate the shower from its electrical supply before removing the cover.

Thanks for your reply.

Just taken it apart and the filter is Clean?????

Regards Blue2

Hm, curious. Are the bath and basin cold taps also fed from the mains?

Sponsored Links
Yes they are and they work all okay.

I have been told it may be a faulty solenoid with it being a shower that is 5 years old?

I have checked everything i can think of and i suppose they could be right but as i am not a shower expert i wouldn't know.

Solenoid is certainly a candidate. At this point I would call Triton Tech Support for help fault-finding. I have the number somewhere if you can't find it.

Thanks for your help i have the number and will call them in the morning,either way i will come back and let you know the outcome.
Regards Blue2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back