Open vented system; air in top radiator.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hitherto I've only had combi sealed systems, so forgive any misconceptions I have.

New home, older system - probably installed around 99/00, Potterton Kingfisher with a couple of header tanks in the loft; there's a power shower feeding out of the hot water cistern. Pump needed replacing, but otherwise very happy with how it performs.

It's a tall Edwardian house, with half the loft converted into a bedroom; this bedroom's radiator gets massive amounts of air - we're talking half the volume. The rest of the radiators do not need bleeding.

The header tanks are in the loft, which is on the same floor as the top bedroom, albeit sitting around a foot higher than the top of the radiator in the bedroom. Is this low head pressure likely to be the cause, or so I need to look further?

We don't really need that room heated, so if it will do no ills to leave it so, I will do such until I get round to converting the other half of the loft.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back