Opening this type of 2 button cistren toilet!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Wondering if anyone has had experience opening a cistren where under the 2 buttons looked like the below?? I have tried to turn the chrome ring anti clockwise but there is quite a bit of resistance so I'm scared I will break something. Grateful for any advice as the water from the cistern is leaking into the bowl!!

Many thanks

Attachments

• 20160113_185357.jpg
    20160113_185357.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 135
Sponsored Links
Thanks Eddie but either pulling up or turning has resistance and I don't want to break anything!

Sponsored Links
Yeah it's stuck! In fact I tried before this as it has for a while on occasion let too much water through the bowl and I found moving the lid around stopped it. Well I think I lifted a little too much I think, heard a sound and then the water now keeps leaking into the bowl. So I'm not sure just lifting will help even if I have moved the buttons as they are just that and do not hold anything down.

Lifting the lid will allow you to see the retention mechanism from the underside.
The rest of the flushing mechanism is likely affixed to the back of that button with a cable coming from it, you are going to need to remove the lid to refit it all.
So get the lid off :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back